“It is a serious thing [vaccine] that has the potential to kill” according to Dr. Neil Rau, an infectious disease expert, in a CTV interview, but do not worry: “leading experts insist, the benefits of the H1N1 vaccine vastly outweigh the risks” (http://www.thesurvivorsclub.org/support-center/health/general-health/swine-flu.html)
A new development in the H1N1 Vaccine Saga is unfolding in Canada. Whereas health officials are pushing for an acceleration of the vaccination program, there is evidence of so-called “unusual adverse reactions” including three recently recorded deaths directly resulting from the vaccine. In the meantime, health authorities have called for the withdrawal of 170,000 (higher risk) doses of the vaccine produced by GlaxoSmithKline. The initiative, of which the importance is being downplayed, is said to have come from the manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline, which expressed concern on higher than normal adverse reactions to the vaccine. “Canada’s H1N1 flu vaccine manufacturer has asked the provinces to temporarily discontinue vaccinating Canadians from a lot of vaccine shipped in October due to a higher risk of adverse reactions, says a Manitoba health official. Dr. Joel Kettner, Manitoba’s chief public health officer, said Thursday that GlaxoSmithKline has asked that the October batch be taken out of circulation because it produced serious and immediate anaphylactic reactions in one out of 20,000 vaccinations, compared with one out of 100,000 in other shipments. “We’ve been asked by the manufacturer GSK to not use this vaccine at this time pending further investigation,” he said. (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/manitoba-sees-second-death-this-season-70603877.html, 20 November 2009)
The government is involved in a cover-up. The initial headlines stated “more than 100,000 doses”, but then read on, the number is 170,000 doses. The CTV report admits that “it is a serious thing, it has the potential to kill”. Too Late to Withdraw the 170,000 Defective Doses The question is whether the doses can be withdrawn or whether they have already been used. The first news reports from Manitoba indicate that: Of the 63,000 doses shipped [to Manitoba], only 630 remained unused by the four regional health authorities in Manitoba that received them. (Ibid) This report would suggest that the risky GSK vaccine doses have already been used. A subsequent report confirms that out of the 63,000 doses, 900 unused doses of the H1N1 vaccine were withdrawn by health authorities “after health authorities received word other vaccines from the same batch have been causing higher rates of allergic reactions than expected.” (http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/manitoba/2009/11/20/11824636-sun.html, 20 November 2009).
The question is what happened to the remaining 62,100 doses of the higher risk vaccine batch, which were used to vaccinate people in Manitoba? Has there been a followup regarding those people in Manitoba who received the higher risk H1N1 vaccine injection? What is the situation in other provinces in which the higher risk vaccine does were distributed? Manitoba Health authorities casually confirm, in this regard, that “most of the vaccine Manitoba received from the suspect lot had already been used by the time the province received the alert on Wednesday” [November 18, 2009]. (Winnipeg Free Press, 20 November 2009, emphasis added) Manitoba and Quebec : Three deaths resulting from the H1N1 Vaccine The news reports have highlighted deaths resulting from the H1N1 flu (often unconfirmed), while obfuscating several recorded deaths resulting directly from the vaccine. These vaccine related deaths are occurring at the very outset of the vaccination program, According to CTV News, 20 November 2009) “The province is currently investigating two deaths — both adults who died within seven days of getting the H1N1 shot” (Family questions if H1N1 shot caused Manitoba woman’s death, November 20, 2009, emphasis added). Manitoba officials acknowledge 69 “adverse events” after people received the swine flu shot, including the two deaths. (CBC.ca report, 17 November 2009) However, unless the families speak out, the authorities will not provide details. CTV interviewed the family of one of the victims. No details on the other death in Manitoba are available: “The family of a 38-year-old Manitoba woman who died five days after receiving the H1N1 vaccine are looking for answers as to why it happened. Soo Lee Wong and her daughter, Angela Truong, both got the H1N1 shot on November 5th. The family says Wong, who had diabetes, started getting sick a day after getting vaccinated and died a few days later. Doctors told the family Wong died of a blood infection. More tests will be done to see if the vaccine played any role, if it did,The Medical Negligence Experts will definitely be taking over. Wong’s husband, Thoon Truong, is also caring for his seven-year-old daughter Angela, who has been in the hospital with a fever and swollen, painful legs. He wants to know whether the two cases related to the vaccine or to something else. The province is currently investigating two deaths — both adults who died within seven days of getting the H1N1 shot. Although it’s still early, Manitoba’s chief medical officer of health Dr. Joel Kettner says immunizations were not likely the cause of the deaths. CTV News | Family questions if H1N1 shot caused Manitoba woman’s death, November 20, 2009)
It should be noted that these two deaths in Manitoba may have been associated with the injection of the higher risk H1N1 vaccine doses, which health authorities had called for withdrawal. Quebec: One Death An 80-year-old Quebec man was reported dead after taking the H1N1 Swine Flu vaccination. Health officials have dismissed the case, “stating that it’s too soon to link the death and vaccine.” Quebec man dies after taking H1N1 vaccine, Digital Journal, 18 November 2009). The Quebec health authorities have refused to provide details: “Quebec’s Director of Public Health Protection, Dr. Horacio Arruda, did not know why the man took the vaccine and that final test results, which are expected to come in December, will determine whether or not the man died from the vaccine. Canada.com reports the man died in the last three weeks but provincial officials declined to reveal details, citing confidentiality concerns. Arruda has said that most allergic reactions occur right away, which is the reason why many patients are asked to stay in the centers, “We can’t say there is a causal association between the death and the flu shot.” Nevertheless, Arruda is confident that the death will not discourage people from taking the vaccine but urged that serious reactions to the H1N1 shot are rare, “I understand that everyone is worried.”” (http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/282399, Digital Journal, 18 November 2009)
The statements by senior health officials are notoriously ambiguous: while they concur that: “there is no evidence the vaccine is dangerous.”, they nonetheless acknowledge the deaths resulting from the vaccine (Statement of Quebec’s Director of Public Health Protection, Dr. Horacio Arruda, (The Canadian Press: Quebec health officials investigating possible death from H1N1 vaccine. November 18, 2009).